What are over-the-counter medications?
Over-the-counter (OTC) medications are medications sold directly to customers without the need for a prescription from a doctor. Prescription drugs may be supplied only to customers with a valid prescription from their doctor.
Do you carry over-the-counter medications?
Honeybee carries a variety of over-the-counter medications. We’re currently able to offer the following supplements without a prescription:
- Vitamin D3
- Vitamin C
- B Complex vitamins
Why do I need a prescription for some over-the-counter medications but not others?
A prescription is required for most of our medications, including a number of medications available over the counter. Currently, a prescription changes the tax implications and we are not set up to have different taxes associated with certain medications. We do plan to continue to offer more and more over-the-counter medications without a prescription soon, so please keep checking back with us for updates on those medications.
What are the benefits of supplements?
Depending on your health needs, lifestyle, diet, and what prescription medications you take, there may be certain vitamins and minerals that you are deficient in. Supplements can be a great way to make up for those deficiencies in addition to providing a wide variety of health benefits. Here’s a quick overview of some of the benefits of each of our supplements.
- Multimineral: Supports heart health, bone strength, immune system function, nerve function, and tissue healing.
- Multivitamin: Provides full-spectrum antioxidant protection; builds metabolic reserve; protects against dietary deficiencies and stress-induced nutrient depletion, and supports a healthy metabolism.
- Vitamin D3: Supports bone and dental health, calcium absorption, immune strength, heart health, normal blood sugar balance, weight loss, and musculoskeletal strength.
- Vitamin C: Promotes immune system, cardiovascular health, antioxidant reserve, normal inflammatory balance, and collagen formation to support healthy ligaments, tendons, and joints.
- B Complex Vitamins: Supports energy production, immune strength, metabolism, cardiovascular health, and brain health.
- CoQ-10: Powerful antioxidant essential for heart health and energy production in addition to brain health, blood sugar balance, and protection from free radical damage.
To find out more, check out the individual pages on our website for each supplement. As always, please consult your doctor and/or Honeybee Health pharmacist before making any changes to your medical routine.
Which supplements are recommended for me?
As your pharmacists, we’ll give you personalized supplement recommendations based on the specific medications you take. That’s because there are many different types of deficiencies caused by a variety of prescription medications. Here’s an overview:
- Mineral deficiency: Can be caused by cardiovascular meds (lisinopril, digoxin, etc), acid reflux meds (famotidine, omeprazole, etc), bisphosphonates (alendronate, risedronate, etc), opiates (hydrocodone, etc), asthma medications (Advair, albuterol, etc), antibiotics, estrogens and hormones, corticosteroids (hydrocortisone, prednisone, etc), and diuretics (furosemide, etc).
- Vitamin D deficiency: Can be caused by anti-seizure medications, cholesterol medications, oral corticosteroids, weight loss medications, acid reflux meds, and estrogens and hormones.
- Vitamin C deficiency: Can be caused by NSAID pain relievers, opiates, corticosteroids, and certain diuretics.
- Vitamin B deficiency: Can be caused by heart medications, antidepressants, acid reflux medications, antibiotics, estrogen and hormones, corticosteroids, and diuretics.
- CoQ-10 deficiency: Can be caused by diuretics, antidepressants, type 2 diabetes medications, and heart medications such as beta-blockers and statins.
To find out more, check out the individual pages on our website for each supplement or prescription medication. As always, please consult your doctor and/or Honeybee Health pharmacist before making any changes to your medical routine.
What’s the difference between Honeybee Health’s vitamins and other brands?
There are a few key differences between Honeybee Health’s vitamins and other brands. One of the most important ones is the quality. Supplements with low-quality ingredients and formulates mean that even though you’re taking the supplement, your body isn’t fully absorbing it or getting as much benefit as it could be. With each of our supplements, we’ve made sure to use only the highest quality ingredients and most scientifically-proven methods to encourage the highest levels of absorption. For more specific details, check out the FAQs on each supplement page!
Another important distinction is that we are your pharmacists, which means that we can help you find personalized recommendations for specific supplements you should take based on what prescription medications you are taking. This can be very important since many common prescription medications are known to cause vitamin and mineral deficiencies.
If you have any questions about our supplements, please do not hesitate to reach out to a Honeybee Health pharmacist!